Our medical malpractice attorneys use their experience and expertise to evaluate each case. While we believe that the vast majority of medical professionals work hard on behalf of patients, mistakes unfortunately do happen. And when they do, it is the responsibility of the Doctor to ensure that these mistakes do not have consequences that make life difficult for the patient.
If you think you or a loved one is a victim of medical negligence, the first thing you should do is to contact our legal team. We will review your claim and provide a general idea of whether or not it makes sense to pursue. There is no fee for this initial consultation.
If the case makes sense to our team and if you agree, we will:
- Conduct an investigation of the facts of the case
- Arrange for any needed medical testimony
- Work with all insurance companies involved with your case
- Fight for your rights in court or when negotiating for a settlement
If you would like to speak with one of our experienced lawyers, give us a call at (201) 488-4644 or fill out the form below and we will immediately get back to you.
How Do You Prove Medical Malpractice?
There are several requirements that need to be met to qualify a medical malpractice claim. These include:
- Having a doctor-patient relationship: It must be clear that you hired the Doctor and the Doctor accepted you as a patient. This isn’t as clear as it sounds where your main physician is not at fault, but a consulting physician is.
- Medical negligence occurred: In this case, you must be able to demonstrate that the Doctor was not “reasonably skillful and careful.”
- Doctor’s negligence caused the injury: it must be clear that the Doctor “more likely than not” caused the problem.
- The injury led to damages: A patient must suffer from harm in order to sue. Types of harm include:
- Lost earning capacity
- Medical bills
- Mental anguish
Just give us a call at 201-488-4644 or contact us using the form below.